A Level C academic is expected to make significant contributions to the teaching effort of a discipline, school, faculty or other organisational unit or an interdisciplinary area. An academic at this level is also expected to play a major role in scholarship, research and/or professional activities.
This position is based in Clinical School Johor Bahru
Reporting Line: The position reports to Head of School
Term: Fixed term of 1 – 3 years
1. Contribute to curriculum development, innovation, enhancement and quality assurance in the undergraduate and postgraduate curriculum
2. Develop and deliver innovative and excellent teaching, learning and assessment experiences for undergraduate and postgraduate students
3. Conduct high quality research, maintaining an active record of publication and building a profile of grants and PhD student supervision
4. Support the development and implementation of a research strategy for Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences consistent with the research priorities of Monash University Malaysia and Monash University
5. Participate in collaborations with other universities and with government, industry and/or civil society to drive research impact and educational excellence
6. Support the management of education, research and/or administration in the School through, for example, participation in committees
7. Attendance at department, school and/or faculty meetings and/or membership of a number of committee
Skill & Experience
1. A medical degree and a specialist qualification or similar
2. Demonstrated experience in the development of curriculum content
3. A strong record of teaching which demonstrates a commitment to educational innovation.
4. An excellent research record, with a strong trajectory in publications, grants and PhD/Masters/Honours supervision
5. Experience in working with partners in universities, government and/or civil society
6. Demonstrated skills and experience in collaboration and teamwork
7. Registrable with the Malaysian Medical Council and National Specialist Register
8. Expertise in simulation is an added advantage
Kindly include a cover letter that includes a brief statement of the applicant’s suitability
31 October 2020
Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences
The Jeffrey Cheah School of Medicine and Health Sciences was established in 2005. The School’s vision is to become a leading medical school in Asia, as measured by the quality and impact of its teaching and research, and, through these, to engage with and serve the community. By pursuing this vision, the school contributes to the University’s mission to improve the human condition by advancing knowledge and fostering creativity.
The School offers the Bachelor of Medical Science and Doctor of Medicine, Bachelor of Psychological Science and Business, Bachelor of Psychological Science, Bachelor of Psychological Science (Honours), Bachelor of Medical Science (Honours), Postgraduate Diploma in Biomedical Science, Master of Professional Counselling, Master of Biomedical Science and Doctor of Philosophy (PhD) programs.
Delivery of the medicine program is spread over several locations with the first two years being taught at the Monash University Malaysia in Bandar Sunway, Selangor while the subsequent three years being taught at the Clinical School in Johor Bahru.
For more information, please visit: http://www.med.monash.edu.my/